- 00:00 – Introduction
- 07:45 – Free-for-All (Favorite food when traveling)
- 21:14 – Main Topic (The Importance of Travel)
On episode EIGHTY-TWO of Let the Bird Fly! the guys welcome onto the show Dr. Martin Moldenhauer, who teaches on the English faculty at Wisconsin Lutheran College. But instead of talking Shakespeare, American literature, or the metamorphic process or writing (all topics Dr. Moldenhauer would be fantastic on as well), they sit down to talk about another personal and professional interest of Dr. Moldenhauer’s: the importance of travel. After indulging in some discussion of their own Wanderlust, they ponder the benefits of experiencing different cultures. In the end, they take as their theme the famous Mark Twain quote: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” We hope you are able to sit back and enjoy the discussion.
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. The 2018 calendar year has been one of tremendous growth for 1517 and plans for 2019 and beyond are well underway. In order to continue to grow and spread the message of that the death of Christ saves, 1517 has set a goal of raising $250,000 by December 31st. If you are able to help support all the great content being produced by 1517, please consider doing so with a regular monthly donation, or a one time donate. You can find more about 1517 on their website and you can DONATE RIGHT HERE. Thank you for your support!
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Travel Background” by George Hodan is licensed under CC0 Public Domain.