- 00:00 – Introduction
- 03:15 – Free-for-All (Which sports teams should your children cheer for?)
- 14:56 – Main Topic (Campus Ministry and Opinio Legis)
On episode ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN of Let the Bird Fly! Mike is joined by Rev. Greg Lyon once again, this time to discuss the role of Law & Gospel on a college campus and especially the relentless draw of the opinio legis. Rev. Lyon has the unique perspective of serving students on a college campus as their campus pastor. And yet despite the unique time in the lives of these young adults, it’s no surprise that even here opinio legis rears its ugly and persistent head.
A big thanks to Rev. Lyon for joining us!
If you’re interested in joining Wade and Mike at the 2019 Here We Still Stand conference in San Diego, head over there now to see if there are still tickets available (but hurry, this will sell out). And if you do sign up, remember to use the promo code PNET19 to save $25 off your registration.
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. If you haven’t done so yet, stop over there and check out the other great podcasts in the network, as well as all of the other excellent content they offer.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.