- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:00 – Free-for-All (No Free-for-All)
- 08:30 – Main Topic (The Lord’s Supper: A Thesis)
In episode ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-NINE, Mike and Wade get feisty. They’ve been doing this podcast for a long time now, and they figure they’ve earned the right to be a little blunt. Without letting Mike know beforehand, Wade chose the topic for the episode, knowing it would lead to vigorous discussion. Wade introduces a simple thesis: The Lord’s Supper is the very body and blood of Christ, given for the forgiveness of sins, life, and salvation. If that thesis is true, what does that mean for Christian theology, the Christian life, the divine service, piety, etc.? Once Wade winds Mike up, they give the topic a good go. There’s a lot more to discuss here, but this is what came to mind first. We hope you enjoy the conversation! If the guys get you worked up, too, maybe that’s not a bad thing. It’s an opportunity to step back and ask why that is. Maybe it’s because the guys were feisty and talking nonsense, but maybe not…?
Oh, John wanders in halfway through the episode, because he was the worship coordinator for the district convention held at the college. After a few minutes, it was pretty clear he realized the guys were worked up. Kudos him for handling things so pastorally at the end when Wade insisted he jump on a mic before things wrapped up.
If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on the following sites and apps:
You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.