The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Can you imagine a church with this marquee? “Come now this Holy Week—sin and death and other unpleasantries—for you!” How do you soften that? With a honey-glazed ham and candy? Continue reading “Jesus’ Hour Has Come…For You! Reflections on Passion Sunday”
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 05:18 – Scripture Narrative (John 1:1-2)
- 09:04 – Free-for-All (Grad School Experiences)
- 29:09 – Main Topic (Communicating with Dr. Paustian)
On episode SIXTY of Let the Bird Fly! Wade and Mike welcome Rev. Dr. Mark Paustian from Martin Luther College in (wonderful) New Ulm, MN to discuss communications, theology, apologetics, preaching, and even story-telling. Before getting to the main topic, Mike discusses the prologue to the Gospel according to St. John, which ends with Mike having to cut-off Wade. In the free-for-all all three of the guys discuss their experiences in graduate school, and this segment also end with Mike cutting-off Wade (this almost seems to be a pattern, I wonder why?).
In the main topic Dr. Paustian discusses his area of expertise–communications. This leads to a conversation that ranges from St. Augustine and C.S. Lewis, to preaching and apologetics, and even a discussion about the importance of story-telling. If you’re interested in the book Dr. Paustian referenced you can find it right here: Human Communication as Narration by Walter R. Fisher.
If you haven’t done so yet, make sure to head over to the 1517 Podcast Network (which, after the description above, we should mention we do not speak for….and who may soon be removing us from their network) and check all the other podcasts in the network; you’re sure to find something you’ll enjoy!
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
- Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.