- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:56 – Scripture Narrative (Matthew 21)
- 20:21 – Free-for-All (Would you rather live without the internet or AC and heating?)
- 42:29 – Main Topic (The Season of Advent)
On episode THIRTY-FIVE of Let the Bird Fly! the guys discuss the first season in the church year: Advent. Without Ben and without a guest Mike, Wade, and Peter somehow find a way to talk for well over an hour about the season of Advent (well, they do take some time out for the Free-for-All, I suppose). The discussion touches on the history and practices of the church year in general, but always with a focus on the first season of the church year. Mike mentions the O Antiphons, which he plans to write short devotions on during this Advent season. (Check back on LetTheBirdFly.com mid-December, if you’re interested. Or better yet, sign-up for one of our email lists and we’ll email you when they are posted.) Mike also mentioned the devotions produced by St. John’s Lutheran Church in Wood Lake, MN. If you are interested, you can find the Daily Devotions here and the Family Devotions here. We hope that you enjoy the discussion. If it sparks any thoughts or questions, please let us know. We always love to hear from our listeners.
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.