- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:09 – Free-for-All (Milwaukee’s Best)
- 18:32 – Main Topic (Journalism, Culture, and Milwaukee)
On episode FORTY-ONE of Let the Bird Fly! Wade and Mike have the great privilege of welcoming Sharon Patterson into the “studio” for a wide-ranging conversation that wanders through questions ranging from journalism and culture to faith and generational changes. One common theme throughout the discussion seems to be a story rooted in Milwaukee, WI. Mrs. Patterson was the only of her siblings born in Wisconsin, the rest having transplanted from Louisiana. This provides her with a unique insider-outsider perspective of a community that she’s has always called home. It is this perspective, coupled with a talent for telling stories, that results in a fascinating from conversation that covers her time on the radio, through her success with the PBS series Black Nouveau, to her current role in development at Wisconsin Lutheran College. We are extremely grateful to Sharon for her willingness to join us on this episode. We hope you will enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording it.
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.