- 00:00 – Introduction
- 03:04 – Free-for-All (Favorite Season of the Church Year)
- 27:09 – Main Topic (On Creating a Hymnal)
On episode NINETY of Let the Bird Fly! Mike finds himself in Utah, which means no beer, or maybe it means beer…I guess I’m not sure, regardless he does have the opportunity to sit down with Rev. Jon Micheel and Rev. Tyler Peil (who our long-time listeners may remember from episodes 9 and 10). Both pastors currently serve at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Taylorsville, UT. Both Rev. Micheel and Rev. Peil have been serving on a committee to create a new hymnal for the Wisconsin Synod, which is the reason Mike sits down with them. If you’re interested in the project you can find information at the WELS Hymnal Project website. And if you’d like more information Prince of Peace Lutheran, you can find their website right here. A big thank you to Pastors Micheel and Peil for joining us
If you’d like more information on the Apologetics course Mike mentioned at the beginning of the Free-for-All, you can find all that information right here. And if you know someone who might be interested, make sure to share! Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. If you haven’t done so yet, stop over there and check out the other great podcasts in the network, as well as all of the other excellent content they offer.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.