Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:42 — 74.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:17 – Free-for-All (A Johnston Summer)
- 13:01 – Main Topic (The Beauty of the Church)
On episode ONE HUNDRED AND NINE of Let the Bird Fly! Mike finds his way over to Wade’s backyard, to discuss the beauty of the Church with Wade and two of Wade’s daughters. Before getting to the main topic, the Johnston girls discuss their summer and what they’re excited for with the upcoming school year (and Mike says something too).
Books mentioned in the episodes:
- Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life by Tish Harrison Warren
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
If you’re interested in joining Wade and Mike at the 2019 Here We Still Stand conference in San Diego, head over there now to see if there are still tickets available (but hurry, this will sell out). And if you do sign up, remember to use the promo code PNET19 to save $25 off your registration.
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. If you haven’t done so yet, stop over there and check out the other great podcasts in the network, as well as all of the other excellent content they offer.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
If you’d like to contact us we can be reached at podcast@LetTheBirdFly.com, or visit our website at www.LetTheBirdFly.com.
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.