- 00:00 – Introduction
- 03:13 – Scripture Narrative (1 John 4:7-12)
- 12:05 – Free-for-All (Terms and Phrases That Drive You Crazy)
- 24:41 – Main Topic (The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis)
On episode FORTY-FIVE of Let the Bird Fly! the guys (sans Ben) get together to discuss C.S. Lewis’ book The Four Loves. Wade uses this book in at least one of his classes and Mike has started to use it as well, so they thought it might be an easy episode. Despite their lazy approach to the podcast, we think the conversation proves to be interesting (probably because they let Peter on to talk as well). Of course if you’re looking for really interesting conversation on C.S. Lewis, you should make sure to check out the episode that the guys over at the The Thinking Fellows podcast recently put out. (They have some great C.S. Lewis links up on the show notes for that episode as well, so make sure to check those out while you’re there.)
Before getting to The Four Loves, Wade discusses 1 John 4:7-12 between trying to knock Oliva’s book out of her hands and they all discuss terms and phrases that drive them crazy. (CliffsNotes version: Mike really…um…doesn’t have much to say, Wade is fascinated by existential postmodern thought, Oliva is like….um…not real sure, and Peter doesn’t have much to say, per se.) Eventually they do what they promise, though, and get to C.S. Lewis’ wonderful work The Four Loves. If you don’t have a copy, you can easily find a used copy, or there’s a PDF available here.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Images used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Love What Is It?” by Friedrich Böhringer is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license.
- Image: “Love Liebe 2” by Friedrich Böhringer is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license.