Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:18:01 — 107.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:44 – Scripture Narrative (Mark 9:2-8)
- 15:27 – Free-for-All (Winter Olympics)
- 31:02 – Main Topic (The Season of Lent)
On episode FORTY-SIX of Let the Bird Fly! Wade, Mike, and Peter sit down to discuss the season of Lent. Mike kicks off the episode by saying “Farewell to Alleluia” and Wade walks us through Mark’s account of the Transfiguration, before we all share our insightful thoughts on the Winter Olympics. Eventually we find our way to the main topic, where we discuss some of what makes the season of Lent stand out to each of us.
A couple of books that are mentioned in the episode are Catherine Pickstock’s After Writing: On the Liturgical Consummation of Philosophy and Oliver Burkeman’s The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking. You may need to listen to the episode to see how they relate to our topic (the discussion meandered a bit, as is our want), but trust us, they do.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
If you’d like to contact us we can be reached at podcast@LetTheBirdFly.com, or visit our website at www.LetTheBirdFly.com.
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Images used in this Episode:
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.