- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:29 – Free-for-All (Rev. Billy Graham)
- 21:05 – Main Topic (The Book of Judges)
On episode FORTY-SEVEN of Let the Bird Fly! Wade and Mike are joined by Dr. Mark Braun, who kindly agreed to join us again since our previously recorded episode for this week didn’t work out. The guys ask Dr. Braun to talk about the book of Judges, a book he knows well, having written over 1,000 pages about it for an upcoming commentary. Listen in as we talk Judges–not the Supreme Court kind, but people like Samson, Deborah, Gideon, and Jephthah. For the free-for-all, Mike, Mark, and Wade talk about the life and work of Billy Graham, who fell asleep in Jesus the morning we recorded.
A couple of books mentioned in the episode:
- America’s Pastor: Billy Graham and the Shaping of a Nation by Grant Wacker
- Judges/Ruth – People’s Bible Commentary by John Lawrenz
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Images used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Jephthah’s Sacrifice” – Maciejowski Bible (France, ca. 1250) is in the public domain.