- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:58 – Scripture Narrative (Reading from Then Fell the Lord’s Fire)
- 09:59 – Free-for-All (Favorite Hobbies/Pastimes)
- 26:16 – Main Topic (Bo Giertz, In Translation)
On episode FIFTY of Let the Bird Fly! Wade and Peter welcome Rev. Bror Erickson via Skype to discuss the Swedish Bishop Bo Giertz. Pastor Erickson is the pastor at Zion Lutheran Church in Farmington, NM and has been translating works of Bo Giertz (as well as others) for a number of years and sat down with the guys to discuss the famous Swedish Bishop, in what we hope is a bit of a primer for future episodes where Rev. Erickson will discuss specific works of Giertz’s that he has translated. Instead of the normal Scripture Narrative, Wade reads an ordination sermon of Giertz’s that is translated by Rev. Erickson in Then Fell the Lord’s Fire. In the Free-for-All we find out that Wade and Peter are far more boring than Bror (which may surprise exactly zero regular listeners), but Wade does hatch a plan to take over Mike’s garage, so it wasn’t a total loss for the guys.
If you are familiar with Bo Giertz, it is most likely through The Hammer of God. What you may not know is that Bo Giertz was a rather prolific author, but very little has been translated into English. Thanks to our guest, however, that has been changing. We hope to have Rev. Erickson on again to discuss some of the specific works that he’s translated, but in this episode we ask Rev. Erickson to introduce us a bit to Bo Giertz, and himself. (And if you’re looking for a glimpse at Bror’s kokopelli that Wade mentions during the episode, you can sneak a peek on the video he has on his Amazon author page.) If you’d like more from Bror, check out his posts at 1517. The Legacy Project, as well as his personal blog.
Books translated or edited by Bror:
- Bo Giertz
- Hermann Sasse
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.