- 00:00 – Introduction
- 04:05 – Free-for-All (Something no one agrees with you on, but you know you’re right about.)
- 14:34 – Main Topic (Urban Education with Ben Clemons)
On episode FIFTY-FIVE of Let the Bird Fly! the guys are pleased to welcome Prof. Benjamin Clemons into the studio to discuss urban educational ministry, something the Prof. Clemons has been thinking about and doing for many years. Prof. Clemons is currently a professor of Urban Ministry at Martin Luther College, in New Ulm, MN (yes, the very New Ulm that is home to this striking tribute to German heritage). Before taking up his current post as a professor, however, he served as a principal and teacher at schools in Milwaukee, WI, as well teaching for a year in China.
Wade starts us off with something resembling a brief Scripture Narrative during the introduction, before the guys mostly flop in this episode’s Free-for-All. But their guest comes through and saves them in the main topic where they mostly avoid talking about Jolly Ranchers® (the wine candy)and instead allow Prof. Clemons to discuss how he got to where he is, a bit about his educational philosophy, and a whole lot about teaching across cultures. We think you’ll enjoy the conversation as much as we did. And a huge thanks to Prof. Clemons for joining us on this episode.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Superior School Bus – New York City” by Banfield. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Argentina license.