- 00:00 – Introduction
- 07:18 – Scripture Narrative (We apologize for Wade)
- 08:42 – Free-for-All (Life without Books or Computers?)
- 21:09 – Main Topic (Law and Gospel – Another Pass)
On episode EIGHTY-ONE of Let the Bird Fly! the guys welcome Rev. Kent Schaaf, who is currently serving at Mount Olive Lutheran Church in Milwaukee, WI, to discuss those two chief teachings of Scripture: Law and Gospel. If you’re a longtime listener you’ll remember we discuss Law and Gospel way back on Episode 11, and of course it’s a topic that we’ve touched on many times through the past year and a half. We are grateful to Rev. Schaaf for joining us to continue the discussion. Wade and Mike frame the conversation around August Piepers writing on the Proper Distinction Between Law and Gospel, which can be found in the second volume of The Wauwatosa Theology. Before getting to the Main Topic, Wade realizes that he’s not Mormon, and the guys discuss life without either books or computers (spoiler: Peter’s the only sane one in the room). A great big Thank You! , once again, to Pastor Schaaf for taking some time to join us.
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. The 2018 calendar year has been one of tremendous growth for 1517 and plans for 2019 and beyond are well underway. In order to continue to grow and spread the message of that the death of Christ saves, 1517 has set a goal of raising $250,000 by December 31st. If you are able to help support all the great content being produced by 1517, please consider doing so with a regular monthly donation, or a one time donate. You can find more about 1517 on their website and you can DONATE RIGHT HERE. Thank you for your support!
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.