Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:16 — 53.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
The guys continue their Wingin’ It series on the life of Martin Luther by exploring his early education. Luther was afforded a good education that prepared him for university. It was rough and, yes, he did get beat a few times, but he emerged fully prepared to take on the rigors of a college education. Of course, it wasn’t just the curriculum that shaped him. The camaraderie with his classmates, the faithfulness of his instructors, and the encouragement of those who saw in him something special shaped the young Luther.
Here’s a brief bibliography on the Life of Martin Luther:
- Martin Luther: A Life by James Nestingen
- Luther the Reformer: The Story of the Man and His Career by James Kittelson
- A Short Life of Martin Luther by Thomas Kaufmann
- Martin Luther: Renegade and Prophet by Lyndal Roper
- Luther: Visionary Reformer by Scott Hendrix
- Here I Stand: The Life of Martin Luther by Roland Bainton
- Luther: Man between God and the Devil by Heiko Oberman
- Brand Luther by Andrew Pettegree
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. The 2018 calendar year has been one of tremendous growth for 1517 and plans for 2019 and beyond are well underway. In order to continue to grow and spread the message of that the death of Christ saves, 1517 has set a goal of raising $250,000 by December 31st. If you are able to help support all the great content being produced by 1517, please consider doing so with a regular monthly donation, or a one time donate. You can find more about 1517 on their website and you can DONATE RIGHT HERE. Thank you for your support!
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
If you’d like to contact us we can be reached at podcast@LetTheBirdFly.com, or visit our website at www.LetTheBirdFly.com.
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “Slow Burn” by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Portrait of Luther” by Lucas Cranach the Elder is in the Public Domain.