- 00:00 – Introduction
- 07:05 – Free-for-All (Favorite part of Lent)
- 16:34 – Main Topic (The New Perspective on Paul)
In episode ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-THREE Wade and Mike welcome guest Rev. Daniel Waldschmidt of St. John’s Lutheran in Burlington, WI in order to discuss the New Perspective on Paul. Rev. Waldschmidt patiently explains to the guys what this new view of St. Paul entails. While this topic is complicated, Rev. Waldschmidt does a nice job of explaining the basics of this view and how it doesn’t match up with the traditional Reformation reading of St. Paul and his epistles. Rev. Waldschmidt is certainly qualified to speak on this topic having studied it during his Masters work at Trinity International University’s Divinity School and having presented an essay on the topic at Wisconsin in Lutheran Seminary. You can find a digital copy of that essay here.
A big thanks to Rev. Waldschmidt for joining us on this episode!
As always, we’re grateful to the 1517 podcasting network. If you haven’t done so yet, make sure to go check out all of the great podcasts they have to offer, as well as the other wonderful content at 1517.org.
If you’re interested in the Apologetics course Mike and friend of the show Dr. Kerry Kuehn will be holding once again this summer, you can find all the information at www.BlackEarthApologitics.com. And if you know of anyone else who might be interested, make sure to share the site with them as well!
If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on the following sites and apps:
You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- IMAGE: Saint Paul by Pompeo Girolamo Batoni is in the Public Domain.