- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:56 – Scripture Narrative (Mark 10:13-16)
- 07:04 – Free-for-All (Trick-or-Treating Best and Worst)
- 25:51 – Main Topic (Grace in the Classroom)
On episode THIRTY-ONE of Let the Bird Fly! Mike and Peter stage a coup, ousting Wade, and installing themselves as permanent dictators of the podcast. Actually, Wade was just out-of-town, so for the first time you’ll get to listen to a Wadeless episode of Let the Bird Fly! (enjoy!).
In Wade’s absence, Mike takes the reigns as we discuss Grace in the Classroom. We welcome Mike’s wonderful wife, Amanda Berg, to assist in this discussion. In fact, this topic sprang up from a conversation that she started with Mike about some of the challenges (and necessity) of applying grace and not just law in the classroom setting. Amanda has been a teacher for over 15 years, standing in front of every grade from preschool through twelfth grade. Her focus has been early childhood education and she’s served in both urban and rural settings, which provides her with a unique perspective. Moreover, she’s been able to put up with Mike for a long time and doesn’t even complain about it too much (talk about a saint!). We’re grateful to Amanda for coming on the podcast to give us her unique perspective and for putting up with Mike for all these years.
If you haven’t done so yet, make sure to head over to our BOOK GIVEAWAY page to sign up for your chance to win a copy of Wade’s newest book A Path Strewn With Sinners. And make sure to share the podcast and the giveaway with your friends and family!
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.