Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:17:55 — 71.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:52 – Scripture Narrative (Mark 10:13-16)
- 06:29 – Free-for-All (Favorite Part of Christmas–excluding Jesus and presents)
- 25:15 – Main Topic (Luther’s Baptismal Rite – Part 1)
On episode THIRTY-SEVEN of Let the Bird Fly! the guys shake Wade once again and are able to talk about what they want to for a change. Ben, Mike, and Peter welcome a couple of their daughters (between the three of them they have 9 daughters and no sons) into the studio while they discuss Luther’s Baptismal Rite. The talk goes long, so they decide to pick it up again on a future episode, so we’re calling this Part 1. Before getting to the main topic (and two Peter’s daughters revealing that he’s evidently raising them as Donatists), Mike walks us through the little children coming to Jesus in Mark 10. We also get into the Christmas spirit asking, What’s your favorite part of Christmas? in the Free-for-All (and we prohibited the obvious answers of Jesus’s birth and presents). Although we don’t make it all the way through the Baptismal Rite, we hope that you still find this first part of our discussion worth your while. Mike refers to Francis Pieper’s Christian Dogmatics a number of times during the episode. If you’re looking for that text, it can be found in Volume 3.
One last thing, we’re doing another BOOK GIVEAWAY (just in time for Christmas, no less). If you’d like to sign-up for your chance to win a signed copy of Wade’s most recent book, A Path Strewn with Sinners: A Devotional Study of Mark’s Gospel & His Race to the Cross, head over to our BOOK GIVEAWAY PAGE and register. And if you’re wondering what Wade’s book is all about, head over to Episode 30, where Wade talked with Peter about his book.
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
If you’d like to contact us we can be reached at podcast@LetTheBirdFly.com, or visit our website at www.LetTheBirdFly.com.
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.