- 00:00 – Introduction
- 05:56 – Free-for-All (Books that you know you should’ve read)
- 18:48 – Main Topic (On Elizabeth Gaskell)
On episode ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE of Let the Bird Fly! Mike and Wade are joined in the studio by Dr. Rebecca Parker Fedewa, who is an English professor at Wisconsin Lutheran College. Dr. Parker Fedewa’s dissertation focused on Elizabeth Gaskell, so the guys figured she couldn’t say “no” if they asked her on to discuss Gaskell….and they were right (but just barely). And whether you know Gaskell’s life and works well, of have never even heard of her, we think you’ll dig this conversation. Before getting to the real topic, though, the trio discusses books that they know they should’ve read (and maybe even pretend like they have), but still haven’t.
A big thanks to Dr. Parker Fedewa for putting up with the guys and joining us for this episode.
If you’re interested in joining Wade and Mike at the 2019 Here We Still Stand conference in San Diego, head over there now to see if there are still tickets available (but hurry, this will sell out). And if you do sign up, remember to use the promo code PNET19 to save $25 off your registration.
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. If you haven’t done so yet, stop over there and check out the other great podcasts in the network, as well as all of the other excellent content they offer.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- IMAGE: Elizabeth Gaskell: 1832 miniature by William John Thomson is in the Public Domain.