- 00:00 – Introduction
- 05:28 – Free-for-All (Highs and Lows of the past semester)
- 13:42 – Main Topic (Noam Chomsky & Michel Foucault)
On episode ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-ONE Mike and Wade sit down to discuss Noam Chomsky and Michel Foucault, two philosophers who will challenge you to ask questions that you didn’t even know you had, as well as some that you will probably decide you still don’t have. Before getting to the philosophers, though, Wade and Mike use the free-for-all to complain about the things they don’t like about their current semester (and maybe a thing or two that they do like). When they finally get to the main topic their discussion takes as it’s spring board the debate between Chomsky and Foucault that was held in 1971 and takes as it’s focus the question of human nature. If you’re interested in watching that debate, you can find it on YouTube right here.
As always, we’re grateful to the 1517 podcasting network. If you haven’t done so yet, make sure to go check out all of the great podcasts they have to offer, as well as the other wonderful content at 1517.org.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, TuneIn Radio, or iHeartRadio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.