- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:00 – Free-for-All (No Free-for-All)
- 16:10 – Main Topic (Novus Ordo or TLM, Roman Catholic Worship Wars)
In episode TWO HUNDRED, Wade and Mike discuss recent debates about the Roman Mass between advocates for the TLM (Traditional/Tridentine Latin Mass) and the Novus Ordo (the Roman Mass after Vatican II). We begin to delve into some of the recent writings issued and measures taken by Pope Francis in this regard, but will really get into the pertinent documents more in the follow-up episode. So, what’s up with the fight about Roman Masses, TLM or Novus Ordo? Why should Lutherans care about it? What can we learn from it? What’s the history? Should Luther be blamed for it all? What does it say about the relationship between religion and culture? Should the boomers be blamed for it all? We get into this and other topics as we try to make sense of things. We hope you enjoy the episode!
If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on the following sites and apps:
You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner.
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.